1. I’m nervous about counseling. What if this isn’t a good fit.
Most people are nervous when they make the first phone call, or come in for the first time. There is no obligation to continue with us. In fact, we will provide you with referrals to other therapists that might better suit your needs. My best advice is don’t let the fear of a bad fit keep you from trying. Our job is to meet you where you are.
2. My problems are so overwhelming. I don’t know where to start.
One beauty of therapy is that over time, challenges and problems no longer seem so entangled. We find light and we open pathways. Simply talk about that overwhelming feeling can be so helpful.
3. Should I come alone or bring my child or my partner? I don’t know who needs therapy more, or where to begin.
If you are reading this, then you should come. Let’s talk about your concerns and figure out a plan. Yes, all family members can work with the same therapist. At times it may be more beneficial to bring in another therapist. We can talk that through with you and we will make a clear plan together.
4. Do you work with all ages of clients?
Yes, we work with:
- Elementary School Children
- Young Adults
- Mature Adults
5. Do you work with couples?
Yes. Jill Smith has advanced training in couples counseling and this is an integral part of our practice.
6. Can you work with me individually, as well as with me and my partner?
Often it is ideal to work with you individually, and also as a couple. We can plan this with you on a case-by-case basis.
7. My husband/wife and I are in crisis. We don’t know if we want to save our marriage, or plan for separation. We aren’t really ready for “marriage counseling” – can you help?
Yes. This heartbreaking conundrum is extremely common. We can help you discern where you are in your marriage journey. There is hope for a clear path.
8. I have insurance that will help pay for therapy. Do you take insurance?
We do not take insurance, but will provide you with a receipt that has all the codes insurance companies require.
9. I am interested in coaching. I don’t see a form for this.
Please contact our office directly to set up an appointment to discuss coaching.
10. I am interested in your consulting services for my business.
Please contact our office directly to discuss your business, our services and how we can work together to strengthen your staff.